Traveling Axle Model 317E
The 317/318 Workhorse
The 317E 35-ton capacity trailer features a one-piece, 4-beam frame designed with low-load and a 29-inch full width, rigid flat approach plate. Landoll's full tilt trailer gives the operator full control of the trailer and heavy loads. The 317E features a six roller undercarriage with the entire frame lifting up from the fifth wheel. Landoll’s approach plate can be used for additional load deck space and has four tie-down chain slots. The 317E is nicknamed the OLD WORKHORSE because of its' decades of dependable performance and durability.
Superior Quality and Durability
Computer designed fabricated steel beams incorporated with high tensile strength Jr. I-Beam crossmembers provide unsurpassed strength while offering substantial weight savings. The undercarriage roller bearings lower the deck into patented pockets fabricated from 100,000 PSI steel and align the axles. The trailer also features an e-chain flexible conduit to protect the hydraulic and electrical lines while the undercarriage travels.
The 317E comes equipped with many standard features like centralized grease system, zinc-rich powder primer, Grote clear lens LED with chrome bezel lights, Grote "Xtreme" wiring harness and durable powder coat paint. Popular options include the addition of the second winch on the upper deck and dock level hydraulics to level the trailer to dock height.
Railroad Track Option
The railroad track option is ideal for safely loading and transporting today’s rail maintenance equipment. The Landoll approach plate sits down onto the rail to create a solid base and smooth transition from rail to trailer without ramps or heavy drop-in-rails, allowing operators to load these machines within minutes.
FRAME and FEATURES:
- *Capacity: 70,000 lbs.
- Deck Rating: 50,000 lbs. in 10'
- Estimated Base Weight: See Specs Above
- Main Frame: Fabricated 80,000 PSI Yield Four-Beam Design
- Crossmembers: Alternating with 4" and 3" Junior I-Beam on 8" Centers
- Pin Setting: 24"
- Swing Clearance: 70 1/2"
- Hitch: 5th-Wheel 2" Kingpin
- Width: 102"
- Loaded Deck Height: 38"
- Loaded Ground Clearance: 20"
- Decking: 1-3/8" Apitong Hardwood
- Slope Drop: 45°
- Load Angle: 8.5°
- Tool Box: Twin Side Mounted in Upper Deck with Lockable Doors (7” H x 34” W x 29” D)
- Tie Downs: Double Key Hole Chain Slots and Stake Pockets on 16" Centers
- Parking Stands: Jost Two Speed Landing Gear
- Approach Plate: Flat Approach with 6 Key Hole Tie Downs
SUSPENSION and UNDERCARRIAGE:
- Suspension: Neway Air Ride RLU228, 22,500 lb. Capacity
- Undercarriage: (1) 4" x 126" and (2) 4" x 42" Cylinders; Accepts After-Market Dock Level Hydraulics System; Powder Coated Black
- Grease: Centralized Grease System
- Axles: (2) 25,000 lb. Axles, Dual Tire, Oil Bath Bearings, Automatic Slack Adjusters
- Brakes: 12.25x7.5 Full Air / Spring Brakes (Two Rear Axles), ABS 4S2M
- Tires: 235/75R 17.5 Double Coin Tires
- Rims: 17.5x6.75 Tubeless Rims
- Wheels: Hub Pilot / Steel with Outboard Brake Drums
- Oil Seal Hubs: Internal Mated Assembly
- Hydraulic Hook Up: Quick Couplers 2500 PSI
- Tilt Cylinders: 2 - 4" x 42"
- Hydraulic Winch: 12,000 lb. Worm Gear with Spring Tension and 85' of 1/2" Cable
- Hydraulic Valve Body: Rexroth, 20 GPM at Controls, 50 GPM Max
- Air / Electrical: 7-Way Receptacle
- Lights: Grote Clear Lens LED with Chrome Bezel (10 Year Warranty)
- Wiring Harness: Grote “Xtreme” Wiring Harness (7-Year Warranty)
- Turn Signal: Center Mounted Side Turn Signal
FINISH and COLOR:
- Finish: Steel Grit Shot Blast to Bright Metal
- Powder Coat Color: TGIC Polyester Powder Coat, White / Black / Yellow / Blue / Red / Green / Sapphire Blue / Dark Gray
- Decals: Hi-Visibility Reflective Package
- *Capacity ratings are frame capacities only. Actual load capacities may be restricted by factors such as gross axle weight ratings (GAWR) or state and federal regulations.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
- 16" / 24" 2-Position Bulkhead / Front Extension (Solid) (1,500 lb. Loaded, 3,000 lb. Distributed) Powder Coated Black (Part # 3-141-010123-4)
- 48" High Mesh 102" Powder Coated Black (Part # 3-141-010121-2)
- Bolt-On Binder Storage Rack for 48" Bulkheads
- LED Work Light - Dual (Mounted on Bulkhead)
- Aluminum Light Bar, Bulkhead Mounted, Includes Dual LED Work Lights, Stop / Turn / Tail Lights, Aluminum Chain / Binder Rack
- Spare Tire Carrier 48" Bulkhead Front Mounted
- Spare Tire Carrier 48" Bulkhead Rear Mounted
- Dual LED Strobe Beacons
- Pin Drop in Lieu of Standard
- Hydraulic Parking Stands
- 5' Aluminum Ramps-Portable (8,000 lb. Capacity)
TIE DOWN RINGS:
- Recessed Mounted "D" Rings (Each) (Not Totally Recessed with Additional Crossmembers)
- Flush Mounted "D" Rings (Each)
- "D" Ring Bolt-On at Winch (Only One Location Available)
- Single Slot Ratchet Winch for 4" Nylon Strap (Weld On - Less Strap; Opposite Side Tie Down Required)
WINCH AND ACCESSORIES:
- *BRADEN WINCH OPTIONS*
- Delete Std. 12,000 Lb. Braden Winch
- 20,000 Lb. Braden Winch in Lieu of STD-Slope
- Second Winch-12,000 Lb. Braden-Upper Deck Mounted
- Second Winch-20,000 Lb. Braden-Upper Deck Mounted
- Pivoting Cable Roller Guide for Winch with Air Tension and Air Operated Winch Free Wheel (for 20K only)
- Cable Roller Guide for Winch-12,000 Lb. & 20,000 Lb. Slope or Upper Deck
- *WARN PLANETARY WINCH OPTIONS* (Upper Deck Only)
- 12,000 Lb. Warn Winch w/Air Release in lieu of Std
- 20,000 Lb. Warn Planetary Winch, 2spd, with Air Release/Spring Tension in Lieu of STD (upper deck only)
- Second Winch-20,000 lb. Warn Planetary Winch, 2spd, w/Air Release/Spring Tension (upper deck only)
- 30,000 Lb. Warn Planetary Winch, 2spd, with Air Release/Spring Tension in Lieu of STD (upper deck only)
- Second Winch-30,000 lb. Warn Planetary Winch, 2spd, w/Air Release/Spring Tension (upper deck only)
- Cable Roller Guide (4 Way Rollers) for 20K & 30K Warn Planetary Winch
- *WINCH ACCESSORIES*
- Wireless Remote Control - Six Function
- Guard, Winch (cannot be used in conjunction with Braden Pivoting Cable Roller Guide)
- Slope Roller for Upper Deck Winch
- LED Winch Light-Single Slope Mounted
DECK AND ACCESSORIES:
- Lower Deck Bolt-On Tool Box
- 1/8" Steel Tread Plate in Lieu of Wood Standard (Includes Fourth 1x3)
- Deck Strap 1 1/4" x 9" Track Area Beside Main Beam
- Deck Strap 1 1/4" x 9" Track Area Beside Outer Beam
- 24'' Pull-Out Extensions (Aluminum) (Capacity Not to Exceed 50% of Trailer Capacity) (53' Only)
- Frames will have 3 1/2" Square Crossmembers on 16" Centers with 3" Junior I-Beams between Tubes
- Outriggers Swing Out (Steel) (Less Planks) (Capacity Not to Exceed 50% of Trailer Capacity) (48' Only)
- Rub / Chain Rail - Web Mount (Price per Foot of Rail)
- Skid Plate for Container 3/8" x 6"
- Toe Board 3/8" x 2-1/2" on Lower Deck
- Toeboard 1" Square on Lower Deck
- Steel Grating Deck 1-1/4" x 3/16"
- 1/8" Steel Tread Plate Over Wood (Lower Deck Only)
- Landoll Traction Plate Over Approach (Bolt-On)
- 1/8" Steel Tread Plate Over Approach
- Keyhole Tie Downs for Center Deck (Level with Wood)
- Fold Step Assy with Grab Handle Built Into Slope (Either Street, Curb or Both Sides)
- Special Deck Strap Options:
- **Both options requrires 2** options as well
- Deck Strap 1" x 9" Track Area Beside Main Beam (Level with Main Beams)
- Deck Strap 1" x 9" Track Area Beside Outer Beam (Level with Outer Beams)
- **1" Apitong in Lieu of Std 1 3/8" Complete Trailer (Level with Main Beams)
- **Approach Plate Level with Main and Outer Beams (1" Above Crossmembers)
- Dock Level Hydraulics - 62,000 lb. (Not Available with Spring Suspension)
- Dock Level Controls by the Front Hydraulic Control for Dock Level Hydraulic (Location at Front of Lower Deck Left Side)
- Air Weigh Digital Scale System LoadMaxx (trailer only)
- LoadMaxx ComLink Cable Kit (Cable connects trailer unit to tractor scale)
- Air Dump Valve
- Galvanized Bumper In lieu of Standard Painted Bumper
HYDRAULIC POWER SOURCE:
- Wet Kit for Tractor (Includes 30 Gallon Steel Tank)
- -Shipped Loose with Trailer or Factory Installed
- Hydraulic Quick Couplers 1 Male / 1Female (Matches Trailer) (Part # 105902)
- Polished Aluminum Hydraulic Tank, (19"W x 24D") (Side Mount) in Lieu of Standard
- Hydraulic Engine Package - Upper Deck with Cover Kohler EFI 25 HP Gas
TIRES AND RIMS:
- 235/75R 17.5 Continental Tires in Lieu of Std.
- 245/70R 17.5 Michelin (Multi T) LRH Tires in Lieu of Std. (235 Not Avail)
- 255/70R 22.5 Double Coin Tires in Lieu of Std.
- 255/70R 22.5 Continental Tires in Lieu of Std.
- 255/70R 22.5 Michelin Tires in Lieu of Std.
- Spare Double Coin Tire & Hub Pilot Type Rim (235/75R 17.5)
- Spare Continental Tire & Hub Pilot Type Rim (235/75R 17.5)
- Spare Michelin Tire & Hub Pilot Type Rim (245/70R 17.5)
- Spare Double Coin Tire & Hub Pilot Type Rim (255/70R 22.5)
- Spare Continental Tire & Hub Pilot Type Rim (255/70R 22.5)
- Spare Michelin Tire & Hub Pilot Type Rim (255/70R 22.5)
- 17.5 Aluminum Wheel (8-Bolt Polished) in Lieu of Standard (Each)
- 17.5 Aluminum Wheel (8-Bolt Machined) in Lieu of Standard (Each)
- 22.5 Aluminum Wheel (10-Bolt Polished) in Lieu of Standard (Each)
- 22.5 Aluminum Wheel (10-Bolt Machined) in Lieu of Standard (Each)
- Pressure Guard Tire Inflation
- Hot Dip Galvanizing (Trailer Frame is Totally Submerged) -Adds Minimum of 3 Weeks to Delivery
- Paint Over Galvanizing - Top Surface Only with Standard Colors Only
- Paint Over Galvanizing - Sides Only with Standard Colors Only
- Special Paint: Contact Factory
*Capacity ratings are frame capacities only. Actual load capacities may be restricted by factors such as gross axle weight ratings (GAWR) or state and federal regulations.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
|MODEL||CAPACITY||BASE WEIGHT||DECK||AXLES||TIRES & PLY RATING|
|317E-48||35 Ton||17,360 lbs. (+/- 3%)||102"x37'||2||(8) 235/75Rx17.5 Double Coin|
|317E-50CA||35 Ton||17,940 lbs.(+/- 3%)||102"x39'||2||(8) 235/75Rx17.5 Double Coin|
|317E-53||35 Ton||19,485 lbs(+/- 3%).||102"x42'||2||(8) 235/75Rx17.5 Double Coin|
REQUEST PRINTED LITERATURE
If you would like to receive our product literature, please fill out and submit the form below.
Note: To request literature for multiple products, visit our Literature Request page.
Choose a Trailer
Call Us: (800) 428-5655 or (785) 562-5381
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org