The Brillion Zone Commander is a compaction management tool designed to address soil compaction issues within the growth profile in a controlled manner in a defined area. Designed from the ground up to meet the requirements of compaction control with minimal surface disturbance, the Zone Commander has developed the reputation of being a very reliable machine that has the ability to work in unknown soil profiles without failure or downtime.
Rugged and Durable
All tillage tools need to be built to handle the stress of the fast-paced industry of today. However, deep tillage machines with depth capacities well below the normal operating depths need to be especially tough. In many instances, these tools will be operating in profiles that have never been touched by a tillage tool before. The Brillion Zone Commander has what it takes.
Built with 6” x 6” and 6″ x 4″ structural steel tubing, the robotically welded frame is the foundation for the heavy-duty Cat. II, III or IV three-point hitch. The robust frame is the anchor for the lead coulters that start the tillage process. The rear bar of the frame supports the Zone Commander’s shank assemblies.
The Shank Mount
The Zone Commander shank mounts are built to withstand the rigorous torture that operating in unknown soil profiles can dish out. The auto-reset spring shank assemblies allow for 2,300 lbs. of point load and 16” of trip height. New to the line-up is the heavy-duty hydraulic auto-reset shank assemblies that offer a massive 4,000 lbs. of point load and 28″ trip height. This is the most rugged shank offered and can handle heavy clay soils with ease and offers protection in rocky conditions. Rigid-shear bolt models are also available for areas with minimal soil obstructions.
The Shank Leg
The heart and soul of the Zone Commander is the shank leg, which cuts a narrow slot into the soil profile. The geometry of the shank leg and the shape of the point combine to lift and lower the soil between the slots and develop a network of horizontal cracks and breaks between the shanks. This slot along with the cracks and breaks created in the growth profile allows water and oxygen to infiltrate the soil to enhance plant growth for the next season. The depth of the slot is determined by how deep and thick the compaction layer is. This process is instrumental in keeping the biological environment favorable for residue decomposition.
Versatility in Options
The Zone Commander can be equipped with auto-reset spring shank assemblies, HD hydraulic auto-reset shanks, or rigid-shear bolt shanks. Shank leg options include the 1 1/4” straight leg, the 1 1/4” parabolic leg, or the 3/4” low disturbance shank. Spring cushion lead coulters with different blade options cut the residue and slice the upper layers in the soil profile ahead of the shanks. Turnbuckle-style adjustable gauge wheels allow for quick, positive depth changes for different conditions. The Zone Commander is available in 3 to 7 shank non-folding models and in 7 to 16 shank folding models. The larger folding models include a heavy-duty pull hitch caddy.
The Zone Commander is more than just another ripper; it can be an integral part of almost any type of cropping scenario. Even though these machines were initially designed for deep in-line tillage, some customers use the Zone Commander for incorporation practices such as sludge and manure application. Others have utilized the parabolic shank leg option for more disturbance on the soil surface. Still, others have opted for the low disturbance shank legs for the absolute least amount of surface disturbance. From true no-tillers to conventional tillage aficionados, the Zone Commander and its concept of compaction management is a yield enhancement investment.
The Brillion Zone Commander…one machine…widely diversified…your investment.
Extra Tough Features For Deep Tillage
- 6” x 6” Rear and 6″ x 4″ Front Frame Construction
- Cat. II, III Narrow Three-Point Hitch for Narrow Non-Folding Models
- Cat. III, IV Three-Point Hitch for Standard Non-Folding Models and Folding Models
- Heavy-Duty Pull Hitch Caddy Included on Larger Folding Models
- 40 ½” Under Frame Clearance
- Maximum Working Depth of 20” on HD Hydraulic Auto-Reset Models and Rigid Shear Bolt Models; 16″ on Auto-Reset Spring Shank Models
- Heavy-Duty Coulter Assemblies with 22” Smooth Blades
- 600 lbs. of Down Pressure on Coulter Assemblies
- Coulter Assemblies – 6” Trip Height
- Turnbuckle Adjustable Gauge Wheels with 280/70R x 15 Radial Tires
- Parking Stands
- Powder Coat Paint
- LED Warning Lights & SMV Emblem
Versatility & Reliability
- Auto-Reset Spring, HD Hydraulic Auto-Reset or Rigid Shear Bolt Shank Assemblies
- Choice of Straight Leg Shanks, Parabolic Shanks or Low Disturbance Shanks
- Variety of Points and Wearstrips Available
- 16” Trip Height on Auto-Reset Spring Shank Models with 2,300 lbs. of Point Load
- 28″ Trip Height on Hydraulic Auto-Reset Shank Models with a Massive 4,000 lbs. of Point Load
- Options Available for Coulter Assemblies
Auto-Reset Spring Shanks, Non-Folding Units PDF Specs
Auto-Reset Spring Shanks, Folding Units PDF Specs
Hydraulic Auto-Reset Shanks, Non-Folding Units PDF Specs
Hydraulic Auto-Reset Shanks, Folding Units PDF Specs
Rigid Shear Bolt Shanks, Non-Folding Units PDF Specs
To view manuals for previous versions of this or a different product line, click here.